The Book Loan Program was created to help all students subsidize the costs of purchasing books. The program allows students to borrow two books during the semester free of charge and return the book(s) to the Frieson Black Cultural Center at the end of the semester. This program operates throughout the academic year.
Please read the following instructions in full, before clicking on the links.
Book Loan Application
- Go to the Hodges Library website and check the availability of the desired book.
- Go to this website (One Search link opens in new window.)
- Type “BLP” in the Course Reserves search box.
- All the books listed are a part of our library loan system. Go through the books to see if the ones you need are available.
- Some may be listed as “Available at Black Cultural Center (UT) Book Loan Program” even though they are already put on reserve for someone who has filled out an application. Therefore, you MUST fill out an application, and the ASU office will get back to you on its availability.
- If the book you desire is available, complete a Book Loan Application. You may reserve 2 books.
- The application submission period for spring semester begins the first day of classes, Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
- The Academic Support Staff will process your application and send you an e-mail regarding status of request within 3 business days.
- If the book is available, you can pick up the book from the Academic Support Unit Office, Room 214, in the BCC.
TEXTBOOK DONATIONS – Now being accepted!
Students, faculty, and staff – please donate textbooks to the Frieson Black Cultural Center for the Book Loan Program through the Office of Multicultural Student Life.
Items may be turned in during operating hours – or call (865) 974-6861 for more information.
For more information, email the Academic Support Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.