The Book Loan Program was created to help all students subsidize the costs of purchasing books. The program allows students to borrow two books during the semester free of charge and return the book(s) to the Frieson Black Cultural Center at the end of the semester. This program operates throughout the academic year.
Please read the following instructions in full, before clicking on the links.
Book Loan Application
- Go to the Hodges Library website and check the availability of the desired book.
- Go to this website (One Search link opens in new window.)
- Type “BLP” in the Course Reserves search box.
- All the books listed are a part of our library loan system. Go through the books to see if the ones you need are available.
- Some may be listed as “Available at Black Cultural Center (UT) Book Loan Program” even though they are already put on reserve for someone who has filled out an application. Therefore, you MUST fill out an application, and the ASU office will get back to you on its availability.
- If the book you desire is available, complete a Book Loan Application. You may reserve 2 books. Applications MUST contain a UTK email address in order to be processed.
- The application submission period for each semester begins the first day of classes.
- The Academic Support Staff will process your application and send you an e-mail regarding status of request. Please be patient, as our process may take a bit longer due to social distancing restrictions.
- If your book(s) are available, the email will include a link to sign-up for an appointment to pick up your books practicing safe social distancing
- Once you sign up for your book appointment, you must maintain that appointment in order to receive your requested books. If you miss your appointment, you will need to contact Ronni Williams at email@example.com to reschedule.
For more information, email the Academic Support Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.