The mission of Brothers United for Excellence is to provide academic support, professional and leadership resources, as well as create space that encourages a sense of self and fellowship among undergraduate Men of Color at the University of Tennessee. This organization seeks to holistically develop Men of Color through a range of developmental discussions, workshops, and programs.
- Recruit Men of Color from diverse socioeconomic populations;
- Educate Men of Color on topics of identity, leadership, and professional development;
- Support and retain Men of Color by connecting them to on-campus academic and financial resources;
- Promote involvement and inclusion in leadership activities, both on-campus and in the community;
- Promote community service and civic engagement.
- Be registered as a full-time student at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville;
- Be in “good standing” according to the University Code of Conduct;
- Be able to fully participate in nthe program; and
- Complete the application by the noted deadline.