The Black Cultural Programming Committee at the University of Tennessee was established in 1979 by the Office of the Dean of Students. Since its inception, the Committee’s objectives have been to:
- Develop and present programs and activities that enhance public awareness of African-Americans and their accomplishments within the international society;
- Foster an atmosphere for the interaction and unity of African American students within the University community;
- Provide an opportunity for African American students to maintain positive and continuous communication/involvement with the academic and local communities;
- Serve as a catalyst to motivate the African American students’ self-development, discovery, and esteem during their educational career at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
- Ashley Simmons, Assistant Director
Phone: (865) 974-6861