The Multicultural Mentoring Program is accepting mentee applications for the 2019-2020 year! Please fill out the application here.
The mission of the Multicultural Mentoring Program:
To provide personal support, assistance, social guidance, and positive campus survival skills to first-year students of color by developing activities and interactions with upper-class students to address personal needs, thus contributing to their academic success, and enhancing the University of Tennessee’s efforts in recruiting, retaining and graduating students of color.
The goals are:
- Mentor first-year students of color through strategic and consistent contact.
- Provide personal and professional enrichment opportunities for students with an emphasis on students of color.
- Act as a referral agent for academic support services available at UT that contribute to improved retention rates of students of color.
- Sponsor and encourage attendance at programs in which mentors and mentees actively interact and participate.
- Provide continuous and relevant training to equip mentors with resources to effectively assist first year students of color.