Greetings Faculty, Staff, Student Leaders, and Community Members:
On behalf of the Black Issues Conference Planning Committee, the University of Tennessee Chapter of the NAACP, and the Office of Multicultural Student Life, we would like to invite you to participate in the 13th Annual Black Issues Conference. Since its inception in 2006, the Black Issues Conference has endeavored to assist in the educational development of students through uniting the campus and community on issues that affect the black community. This year’s conference theme is A Dream Affirmed: From the Past to the Present. The conference is scheduled for Saturday, February 3, 2018, in the Alumni Memorial building from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
We would like to extend an invitation to you as faculty, staff, student leaders, and community members to share in this experience by presenting a 50 minute presentation on a topic of your choice during our workshop sessions. Some topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Social Media (Power of black twitter/ role in social media)
- State of Black Men
- History of Black Female Leadership
- What’s next for the Black Community?
- Being Black is Not a Crime
- Current Events
- Misconceptions about the Black Community
- Interpersonal Relationships within the Community
- Politics and Political Corruption
- Mental Health
- Education & the Black Community
- Violence in the Black Community
- Free Speech
- Personal Development
- Unifying the Black Community
- Intersectionality in the Black Community
- Black Ownership
- Black Financial Management
- Civil Rights
- Career Development/Professionalism
In organizing your workshop, we ask that you integrate elements of the conference theme into your presentation. Please use the following link to electronically submit your proposal and an outline of your program to the 13th Annual Black Issues Conference Planning Committee by no later than December 18, 2017:
The Black Issues Conference is free to all UT students. Faculty, staff, and other registered participants will pay a $10 fee.
Thank you for your time and consideration. We hope that you will join us either as a presenter or as a conference attendee.