MSL Staff Spotlight

Ronni2

Meet Ronni Williams, the new Coordinator for Academic Services in the Office of Multicultural Student Life!

Where are you from?

I am from Lenoir City, TN. However, I have lived in Chattanooga, TN most of my adult life.

What is your major? And why?

I have my M. Ed in Higher Education Student Affairs from Western Carolina University and my B.S. in Psychology from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga– I have always been passionate about helping others succeed and spent time after my undergraduate studies trying to decide where I could really make this come to fruition. I began to recognize that I was still really passionate about higher education and how it can benefit our ever changing world. We, as student affairs professionals, have a responsibility to do our best to provide all students with the necessary tools and resources in order to succeed.

What are your career goals?

Right now I am exactly where I want to be as a new student affairs professional! It has been my goal to start my career in higher education in a Multicultural office, and I am excited to be a staff member of Multicultural Student Life here at UT! In the future, I would like to earn my PhD in Educational Leadership and work my way up to a Director position. Eventually, I would really like to become a Dean of Students.

What do you like to do for fun?

I recently started hiking and really enjoy that. I also enjoy exploring new types of food, spending time with my close friends and family, and traveling!

What is your favorite quote or life motto?

I have two! “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’ ” –Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and “It is our choices that show us what we are, far more than our abilities” Albus Dumbledore, which being a Harry Potter quote, I suppose makes the quote by J.K. Rowling.

Contact Ronni and welcome her to UTK!

Report an accessibility barrier