Seeking a fresh approach to diversity training for your students? Looking for a fun and educational activity for your organization? The Office of Multicultural Life is available to coordinate a variety of diversity programs for UT students! Our diversity education workshops are aimed at empowering students to be leaders in a diverse community. Student organizations, university departments, and faculty members are invited to request programs from our diversity education team.
Available presentation and workshop topics include:
- Intersection of Multiple Identities
- Understanding Cultural Identity
- Multicultural Sensitivity
- Cross-Cultural Communications
- Prejudice and Stereotype Awareness
Workshops are interactive and can be customized to fit your individual needs. All presentations are based on the Office of Multicultural Student Life’s Student Learning and Development Outcomes.
MSL Diversity Educators
MSL Diversity Educators are volunteers who are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and social justice. This group will function as a proactive educational advocacy group that promotes diversity and acceptance at The University of Tennessee. MSL Diversity Educators will help develop and present educational workshops to promote the awareness, acceptance and necessity for diversity to fellow students.
MSL Diversity Educators will facilitate educational programs on diversity, multiculturalism, and other special topics for interested organizations, offices, and academic classes. The primary goal is to increase awareness of diversity related issues while creating a dialogue that explores the campus definition and perception of diversity.
We commit to help our students to gain insights, value diversity, and take actions by:
- Creating a cultural surrounding where diversity is a driving force.
- Increasing appreciation of differences.
- Limiting the influence of stereotypes.
- Transforming knowledge into acceptance and empathy.
- Understanding the impact of their behaviors on others.
MSL is accepting applications for Diversity Educators for the 2017-2018 year.
Workshop participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of one’s own identity, culture, and heritage and seek to learn more about others
- Confront prejudices and discrimination by promoting multicultural sensitivity
- Communicate effectively with a diverse student population.